Why choose a Childminder?
Choosing the right childcare can be quite a daunting task. However, Childminders offer one of the most versitile forms of childcare around.
Finding a childminder
You can contact Phillipa Clarke from our group for an up to date list of the childminders with vacancies, saving you time ringing around. Telephone 0113 2938440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or do a childcare search via the following link
Service on offer
- Childminders offer individual tailored care for your child where time can be spent interacting with your child, whether that be quiet cuddles, doing jigsaws or helping with homework.
- Flexible hours, usually longer than nurseries or out of school clubs.
- Home based care with low adult ; child ratios.
- Continuity of care, from birth to high school, enabling siblings to remain in the same setting in a mixed age family environment.
- Real life learning with visits to local toddler groups, libraries, parks and other facilities within the community.
- Most childminders are members of the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years, PACEY, offering support to both Minders and Parents. Visit: www.pacey.org.uk
Childminders are registered with Ofsted, the Office for Standards in Education, and have to go through an extensive registration process with induction and First Aid Training. Once registered Ofsted can visit at any time. Inspections are repeated once in every four year cycle, since April 2005 all inspection reports have been placed on the Ofsted website: www.ofsted.gov.uk From November 2013 Childminders are graded Outstanding, Good, Requires Improvement or Inadequate.
You may find the following links helpful: